Friday, June 15, 2012

Tatted Edging

What is the thinnest thread you have ever tatted? I wanted a piece of tatting to embellish a small piece of stitching. I started out making a piece of lace out of button and craft thread. When I held it up to the article it was to embellish I decided it was just to big. Button and craft thread too big?  What other choice would I have?  I finally decided to try the thread that I was using to construct my needlebook. It matched the needlebook perfectly but was oh so small. After my third attempt I was able to complete this piece.




Tatted edge using Gutterman Silk Sewing Thread.








To date this is the smallest thread I have ever tatted, how about you?


Gwen




2 comments:

  1. That's very pretty. I've used silk sewing thread in the past and once made two mats using it. Took ages but the results were SO pretty. Not gone finer than that - yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your edging is looking beautiful!! :)
    The smallest I have used is size 100.

    ReplyDelete